Is Your Marriage Successful?👫 A Deep Dive into Social Problems and Their Impact


Is Your Marriage Successful ?"Understanding the Connection"

Introduction:

In this article we will discuss about the  general importance to the marital success through the questionnaire.

The purpose of this article is that can any married couple can judge how their marriage are successful or unsuccessful.

Dr. John Gottman, an American professor of psychology, has developed a very simple questionnaire and claims that the results of his questionnaire are 94% accurate and any married couple can predict who they are and can judge how successful or unsuccessful they are living. You read the question and answer only Yes or No. It should be noted that we are writing it only for women, but if men want, they can change the sentences in the form of male version (means her to him she to he etc. ) and evaluate their married life.

So now provided the questionnaire to help readers evaluate their own marriages.


Questionnaire: Is Your Marriage Successful?

It is simple questionnaire as a tool for self-assessment.
It has two simple parts Part A and Part B
Both of the parts have 8 question and you only answer them Yes or NO and later on I will tell you how to find the score so now lets answer the questions.

Part A:

  1. I believe that I was created only for my partner. (Yes or No)
  2. I remember the peak of my love and memorable moments of marriage. I also remember when we met for the first time and I also remember when our relationship was discussed or when I was proposed to. (Yes or No)
  3. I still feel attracted to my husband.(Yes or No) 
  4. We generally think alike about our social values (behavior and other traditions). (Yes or No)
  5. My husband is my lover and also my best friend.  (Yes or No)
  6. My home is a place where I get more support and less stress. (Yes or No)
  7. We have shared household responsibilities or chores equally and fairly. (Yes or No)
  8. There are some things that I don't like about my partner, but I live with them to ignore these things. (Yes or No)

Part B:
 
  1. I feel that marriage has given me frustration, dissatisfaction and selfishness of others.(Yes or No)
  2. I have many complaints with my partner because there are many things that can be severely criticized.(Yes or No)
  3. Our lives are very different from each other. I don't think "we are in one" position.(Yes or No)
  4. Our power, traditions and ideas (including religious ideas) are very different from each other.(Yes or No)
  5. I have no solid reason or experience on the basis of which I can fully trust my partner.(Yes or No)
  6. Most of the times my stress increases as soon as I enter the house. (Yes or No)
  7. After marriage troubles and worries surround me from all sides. (Yes or No)
  8. I often feel helpless and feel like I have very little control over my life.(Yes or No)



How to find the score

👇
Both parts have one number for "Yes" while "No" has no number.

Now, subtract the number of part "B" from the number obtained in part "A". Your score will appear. For example, you have answered "yes" to six questions of part "A" and three questions of part "B" have answered yes, then substract six  out of three. Thus your score will be three and if there is no "yes" answer in part "B" then your marks will be the same as you got in part "A".


More than 3


If you scored three or more than three then congratulations you have a good married life. It is normal to have a small problem or a disagreement on something. But do you both realize how much you mean to each other? Undoubtedly, you can be called a good couple


Less than 3


If you scored less than three, 94% would say that you know yourself to be in trouble in your marriage. Your relationship is not very good, you people do not appreciate each other's good qualities, there is a lack of unity and harmony. Misunderstand each other. If you don't try to control it, the situation can get worse. Instead of blaming each other, acknowledge each other's love and hard work.





The Seven principles for making the marriage work by John Gottman


Principle 1: Enhance Your Love Maps

Principle 2: Nurture Your Fondness and Admiration

Principle 3: Turn Towards Each Other Instead of Away

Principle 4: Let Your Partner Influence You

Principle 5: Solve Your Solvable Problems

Principle 6: Overcome Gridlock

Principle 7: Create Shared Meaning.




I hope you like the article please gives us your valuable feedback.




Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post